Urbvan is a shared mobility network that connects inner-city commuting and existing transportation options with people to create a safe, efficient, comfortable, and accessible experience, all through a technology platform. As a business, we seek humanity in every interaction by promoting social inclusion and empathy, and challenge ourselves by learning from others and innovating rigorously to be a model within the mobility industry
In Urbvan we want to reinvent the way in which people move in urban areas. We know the great challenge of creating a fast, comfortable and safe transportation system. We have accepted this challenge and we work every day to achieve it. Every part of Urbvan is essential to build this future. We are not just creating a team, we are being part of an important and necessary change. A change that has begun and will not stop.
We’re looking for a COO – Chief Operating Officer – that can accept the challenge of lead operations in a scale up company that although has a great growth record, now aims to become an important player in the urban mobility dynamics across LatAam. The challenge is enormous, and we need someone with experience, strategic, hands-on and tons of drive to everyday create a better company and be an active decision maker in our Management board.
- Leading a team ranging from 5 to 20 specialists and currently over 100 drivers. Over time, build a team according with the business needs
- Triage data, customer service complaints, and supply/demand into efficient routes and dispatch actions to be performed by field specialists
- Become an expert on the Urbvan platform; display a deep understanding of its functionality, features, and impact for clients
- Ensure customer success team focus on customer centricity, ensuring they are maximizing Urbvan’s value; ensure a great client satisfaction level.
- Analyze and look at data to identify trends and performance improvement opportunities that can impact the main KPIs of the business
- Train, measure, and correct the daily performance of operations specialists.
- Manage a fleet ranging from 100 to 500 vans in the short term.
- Troubleshoot, and fix potential logistics issues, or raise issues when necessary
- Build great relationships with functional leaders in Urbvan (key stakeholders from Marketing and Technology teams)
- Ensure a great work environment and motive your team to always thrive.
- Passion for smart-cities, new mobility, technology and for what Urbvan is building.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and be comfortable with fast moving change
- Passionate and relentless about growth; you’re not deterred by setbacks and enjoy the process of building high-value relationships over time
- Detail-oriented and multi-tasking skills; able to effectively juggle multiple tasks/projects at once in a highly fluid work environment
- Leadership - A natural leader who always strives for excellence, calling out the little details when things aren’t executed correctly
- Analytical mindset - You use data to understand rider behavior and constantly test the limit of each assumption we know about operations, and optimize workflows with concrete data evidence
- Pure hustle - Being at a startup company means not everything will go according to plan. You should be a high-energy person who is not afraid of going out into the field, willing to pull the long hours when needed
- Bachelor's degree from a top-tier institution; advanced degree a plus.
- +5years experience with operational roles and/or strategic consultancy. Experience at a start-up and/or in the mobility sector a plus
Opportunity to revolutionize transportation with the leader in mass urban mobility. Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with tons of opportunity for growth. Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability. Work with a top-notch team of fun and motivated individuals. Competitive salary and benefits. We here at Urbvan strive to build a workforce comprised of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, minds, and identities that will help us to grow, not only as a company, but also as individuals. Urbvan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.